H1B work visa applicants can be of any nationality and can be accompanied by their spouse and dependent children. H1B work visa applicants must first have a confirmed job offer in a specialty occupation from a US employer willing to sponsor their visa. Only applicants with university degrees or equivalent work experience (ie twelve years) in a specialty occupation as set out below can qualify:
- Research analysts;
- Management consultants;
- Nurses; and
- Other professionals with a bachelor’s degree or higher.
H1B work visa applicant’s job must meet one of the following criteria to qualify as a specialty occupation:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum entry requirement for the position;
- Degree requirement for the job is common to the industry or the job is so complex or unique that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree;
- Employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position; or
- Nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree.
H1B work visa applicants must meet one of the following criteria to qualify to accept a job offer in a specialty occupation:
- US bachelor’s or higher degree required by the specific specialty occupation from an accredited college or university;
- Foreign degree that is the equivalent to a US bachelor’s or higher degree in the specialty occupation;
- Unrestricted state license, registration, or certification which authorizes the H1B work visa applicant to fully practice the specialty occupation and be engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment; and
- Education, training, or progressively responsible experience in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of such a degree and have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty occupation.
Note we do not provide assistance with job recruitment or placement for finding a job for H1B work visa applicants. H1B work visa applicants must have a job off from a US employer willing to sponsor the visa before contacting us for assistance.