Filing for adjustment of status is required for foreign nationals already in the US to apply for permanent resident status. Filing can be done through certain types of important employment or through the relationship with immediate family members that are US citizens.

Filing for adjustment of status is discouraged for applicants who arrive in the US on a tourist visa and then decide to get married while in the US.  Applicants doing so risk being charged with visa fraud if the USCIS determines that the applicant had an intention to get married before arrival in the US.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt